So you are experiencing slow I/O which is making the deletion of this clone
and the replay of the ZIL take forever. It could be because of random I/O ops,
or one of your disks which is dying (not reporting any errors, but very slow
to execute every single ATA command). You provided the output of 'zpool
iostat' while an import was hanging, what about 'iostat -Mnx 3 20' (not to be
confused with zpool iostat). Please let the command complete, it will run for
3*20 = 60 secs.

Also, to validate the slowly-dying-disk theory, reboot the box, do NOT import
the pool, and run 4 of these commands (in parallel in the background) with
c[1234]d0p0:
  $ dd bs=1024k of=/dev/null if=/dev/rdsk/cXd0p0
Then 'iostat -Mnx 2 5'

Also, are you using non-default settings in /etc/systems (other than
zfs_arc_max) ? Are you passing any particular kernel parameters via GRUB or
via 'eeprom' ?

On a side note, what is the version of your pool and the version of your
filesystems ? If you don't know run 'zpool upgrade' and 'zfs upgrade' with no
argument.

What is your SATA controller ? I didn't see you run dmesg.

-marc