I'm trying a new install, creating a solaris partition in free space
(p3) which follows Windows XP (p1) and Ubuntu Linux (p2).
I want ZFS root, but the "interactive" installer (choice 1) on the
snv_90 DVD does not offer me ZFS root. Anyone know why?
or how to work-around the issue?

When I did a netinstall using the same DVD (exported
from a server I had nearby) on a machine where I let
Solaris have the whole disk, it offered ZFS root.

I'd really like to know: What are the conditions
under which the installer will offer ZFS root?

Thanks,
Gordon