I think the problem Miles is that this isn't Sun hardware, and I completely
understand that as a Sun employee, Neil really can't be seen to distribute
something that's untested and unsupported, and quite possibly under NDA.

On the other hand, if I get hold of these drivers, I'm under no such obligation
and I'll be happily making them available for everybody who wants them.  I
already know of two other people who are keen to get these and I'm sure there
are others.

These cards are starting to show up on the second hand market now, finding a
set of Solaris drivers would be a welcome bonus for a good few people.