> txt_time/D
mdb: failed to dereference symbol: unknown symbol name
> txg_time/D
mdb: failed to dereference symbol: unknown symbol name

Am I doing something wrong ....

Robert Milkowski wrote:
Hello Tharindu,

Wednesday, July 23, 2008, 6:35:33 AM, you wrote:

TRB> Dear Mark/All,

TRB> Our trading system is writing to local and/or array volume at 10k
TRB> messages per second.
TRB> Each message is about 700bytes in size.

TRB> Before ZFS, we used UFS.
TRB> Even with UFS, there was evey 5 second peak due to fsflush invocation.

TRB> However each peak is about ~5ms.
TRB> Our application can not recover from such higher latency.

TRB> So we used several tuning parameters (tune_r_* and autoup) to decrease
TRB> the flush interval.
TRB> As a result peaks came down to ~1.5ms. But it is still too high for our
TRB> application.

TRB> I believe, if we could reduce ZFS sync interval down to ~1s, peaks will
TRB> be reduced to ~1ms or less.
TRB> We like <1ms peaks per second than 5ms peak per 5 second :-)

TRB> Are there any tunable, so i can reduce ZFS sync interval.
TRB> If there is no any tunable, can not I use "mdb" for the job ...?

TRB> This is not general and we are ok with increased I/O rate.
TRB> Please advice/help.

txt_time/D

btw:
     10,000 * 700 = ~7MB

What's your storage subsystem? Any, even small, raid device with write
cache should help.

"The information contained in this email including in any attachment is
confidential and is meant to be read only by the person to whom it is
addressed. If you are not the intended recipient(s), you are prohibited from
printing, forwarding, saving or copying this email. If you have received this
e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this e-mail
and its attachments from your computer."