On Aug 29, 2008, at 7:09 AM, Tomas Ögren wrote:

> On 15 August, 2008 - Tomas Ögren sent me these 0,4K bytes:
>
>> On 14 August, 2008 - Paul Raines sent me these 2,9K bytes:
>>
>>> This problem is becoming a real pain to us again and I was wondering
>>> if there has been in the past few month any known fix or workaround.

I had this problem in the past. Fortunately I was able to recover by
removing an old snapshot which gave me enough room to deal with my
problems.

Now, I create a fs called reserved and set a small reservation to
ensure that there is a small amount of space available.

[sferry<@>noroute(0) 12:59 s001]
</Users/sferry>
[6] zfs get reservation,mountpoint,canmount,type  noroute/reserved
NAME              PROPERTY     VALUE             SOURCE
noroute/reserved  reservation  50M               local
noroute/reserved  mountpoint   none              inherited from noroute
noroute/reserved  canmount     off               local
noroute/reserved  type         filesystem        -

If I fill the pool now, I reduce the reservation (reduce instead of
remove in case I have something writing uncontrollably to the pool)
and clean up.

Shawn

Shawn Ferry              shawn.ferry at sun.com
Senior Primary Systems Engineer