Hey Richard,

I've just seen that somebody else has been caught out by this.  Do you think it
would be worth adding an RFE to add 'send to file' support to ZFS send?

I'll be using data piped to file myself, and while I'm not worried about
corruption myself, if ZFS send knows it's sending to a file, it could check the
integrity of the file once the operation completes, which would probably have
helped these guys.

It might also be useful to output a text file containing the checksum so the
integrity of the file can be verified at a later date.

Ross