On Wed, Oct 01, 2008 at 01:12:08PM -0400, Miles Nordin wrote:

>     pt> I think the term is mirror mounts.
>
> he doesn't need them---he's using the traditional automounter, like we
> all used to use before this newfangled mirror mounts baloney.

Oh man, I *love* mirror mounts -- they're *not* "baloney."

> There were no mirror mounts with the old UFS NFSv3 setup that he
> inherited, and it worked fine.  Maybe mirror mounts are breaking the
> automounter?

Doubtful.  There is a race condition in mirror mounts that can cause one
or more of several threads racing to cause a mirror mount to happen to
get an error.  Usually you see that when running dmake.  Otherwise
mirror mounts work perfectly.

> I think someone who knows the automounter better than I could explain
> it, but one thing you migh try is to make the server and client's
> filesystems similarly-nested.  Right now you have:

Yes, the OP needs hierarchical automount map entries.

Nico