On Wed, Oct 01, 2008 at 01:30:45PM +0100, Peter Tribble wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 3:42 AM, Douglas R. Jones <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Any ideas?
>
> Well, I guess you're running Solaris 10 and not OpenSolaris/SXCE.
>
> I think the term is mirror mounts. It works just fine on my SXCE boxes.
>
> Until then, the way we got round this was to not make the new
> filesystem a child.
>
> So instead of:
>
> /mnt/zfs1/GroupWS
> /mnt/zfs1/GroupWS/Integration
>
> create
>
> /mnt/zfs1/GroupWS
> /mnt/zfs1/Integration

No, that's not the workaround.  The problem is that the automounter
-hosts map does a MOUNT call once to get the list of exports from the
server, and that means that filesystems added since the first mount via
/net will not be visible.  Mirror mounts solves *that* problem.

And it fixes the poster's problem as well.  The poster isn't using the
-hosts automount map, so his workaround is to create "hierarchical"
automount map entries.  See automount(1M).

> and use that for the Integration mountpoint. Then in GroupWS, 'ln -s
> ../Integration .'.

That works, but hierarchical automount map entries work better.

Nico