Hi,
I am having a problem running zpool imports when we import multiple storage
pools at one time. Below are the details of the setup:

- We are using a SAN with Sun 6140 storage arrays.
- Dual port HBA on each server is Qlogic running the QLC driver with Sun
mpxio(SFCSM) running.
- We have 400+ luns on the SAN. We can't split them up because the luns any of
the luns may be able to failover between the different servers. We are running
rather large farm where all servers need to see all the luns in case of
failover.
-Running Solaris 10 U5 kernal.

Below are the times I see when importing pools from the SAN storage:
1 pool - 30 seconds
2 pools - 1 minute for both to finish
3 pools - 1 min 30 sec for all 3 to finish
4 pools - 2 minutes for all 4 to finish

When I run more then one zpool import in parallel, I can see that all zpool
imports are queued up. The more pools I try to import, the longer the pools
take to import. For example, when importing 2 pools, the first pool takes 1
minute but then just a few seconds later the 2nd pool finishes its import. When
I import 3 pools, the first pool takes 1.5 minutes and then the other two pools
finish just after that.

The problem we are seeing it that we need to failover up to 32 pools at one
time on a server and the imports end up timing out after 5-10 minutes because
we are trying to import too many pools at one time.

Is this a design choice with ZFS coding or a bug? Is there anything I can do to
increase my import times? We do have the same setup on one of our SANs with
only 10-20 luns instead of 400+ and the imports take only 1-3 seconds. My guess
here is that the large number of luns is effecting imports. But our virtual
farm design is broken if we can imported at least 30-40 luns in under a minute
on a given server.

Any thoughts or questions would be great.

Thanks,
Luke