Hi all,

I  have built out an 8TB SAN at home using OpenSolaris + ZFS. I have
yet to put it into 'production' as a lot of the issues raised on this
mailing list are putting me off trusting my data onto the platform
right now.

Throughout time, I have stored my personal data on NetWare and now NT
and this solution has been 100% reliable for the last 12 years. Never
a single problem (nor have I had any issues with NTFS with the tens of
thousands of spindles i've worked with over the years).

I appreciate 99% of the time people only comment if they have a
problem, which is why I think it'd be nice for some people who have
successfully implemented ZFS, including making various use of the
features (recovery, replacing disks, etc), could just reply to this
post with a sentence or paragraph detailing how great it is for them.
Not necessarily interested in very small implementations of one/two
disks that haven't changed config since the first day it was
installed, but more aimed towards setups that are 'organic' and have
changed/been_administered over time (to show functionality of the
tools, resilience of the platform, etc.)..

.. Of course though, I guess a lot of people who may have never had a
problem wouldn't even be signed up on this list! :-)

Thanks!