On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 02:21:11PM -0500, Ed Saipetch wrote:
> Can someone clarify Sun's approach to opensourcing projects and
> software?  I was under the impression the strategy was to charge for
> hardware, maintenance and PS.  If not, some clarification would be nice.

There is no single answer -- we use open source as a business strategy,
not as a checkbox or edict.  For this product, open source is an option
going down the road, but not a priority.  Will our software be open
sourced in the fullness of time?  My Magic 8-Ball tells me "signs
point to yes" (or is that "ask again later"?) -- but it's certainly
not something that we have concrete plans for at the moment...

        - Bryan