Afaik, the drives are pretty much the same, its the chipset that
changed, which also meant a change of cpu and memory.

-Andy

________________________________

From: Tim [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2008 7:24 PM
To: Andy Lubel
Cc: Chris Greer; zfs-discuss@opensolaris.org
Subject: Re: [zfs-discuss] OpenStorage GUI

On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 2:38 PM, Andy Lubel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

        I too would like to see how this happens, checked with some Sun
people
        and they didn't know of a way to "upgrade" a 4500 other than
trading it
        in.  Im assuming the Motherboard/CPU/Memory get swapped out, and
from
        the chasis layout, looks fairly involved. We don't want to
"upgrade"
        something that we just bought so we can take advantage of this
software
        which appears to finally complete the Sun NAS picture with zfs!

        -Andy

Couldn't you just swap out the hard drives?

--Tim