Hi everyone,

I have a serious problem and need some assistance.  I was doing a rolling
upgrade of a raidz1, replacing 320GB drives with 1.5TB drives (ie. zpool
replace).  I had replaced three of the drives and they had resilvered without
errors and then I started on the fourth one.  It went downhill from there...
while the fourth disk was resilvering, one of the others started throwing
errors... lots and lots of them... to the point that the system is unusable.

So, what I have are the four original 320GB drives that I would like to bring
back online (on another server).  The pool was unmounted when I was replacing
the old units with the new ones, so the data should have been static and I
would expect to be able to bring the pool online on another server.

The problem I am running into is that the pool seems to be remembering the
1.5TB drive names/locations/etc.  So, instead of using the new controller
locations in the new system, the pool is insisting on looking for the old
devices.  For example:

In the new system, the drives are c5d0 c5d1 c6d0 c6d1 -- in the old system, the
drives were c2d0s0 c3d0s0 c4d0s0 c5d0s0.

I have tried everything I can come up with to get the pool to import, but it
just wont do it.  I need to know how to get zpool to simply import them as I
specify the new devices.  When I try it, it complains that the pool doesn't
exist... that's because it wont let me import it!  I'm stuck and I need help.

I have tried import -f, import -d, import -f -d ... nothing works.

I have a lot of data on those drives that I couldn't back up because I don't
have a backup system big enough to handle it all.  I'd really like to salvage
that data if at all possible.  I was trusting ZFS to handle it and until now,
it did an excellent job!

It seems pretty simple... shouldn't each drive be labeled as part of a pool?
When I do a zdb -l, I see the labels and pool identifiers, but I also see the
old device names hard-coded into the label.  How can I get zpool to simply see
that all four drives are members of the same pool and build new device
locations?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks to you all in advance,
-Michael