Mattias Pantzare <pantzare <at> gmail.com> writes:

> He was talking about errors that the disk can't detect (errors
> introduced by other parts of the system, writes to the wrong sector or
> very bad luck). You can simulate that by writing diffrent data to the
> sector,

Well yes you can. Carsten and I are both talking about silent data corruption
errors, and the way to simulate them is to do what Carsten did. However I
pointed out that he may have tested only easy corruption cases (affecting the
P or Q parity only) -- it is tricky to simulate hard-to-recover corruption
errors...

-marc