On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 10:36 PM, Jonny Gerold <j...@thermeon.com> wrote:

> BTW, is there any difference between raidz & raidz1 (is the one for one
> disk parity) or does raidz have a parity disk too?
>
> Thanks, Jonny

It depends on who you're talking to I suppose.

I would expect generally "raidz" is describing that you're using Sun's raid
algorithm which can be either "raidz1" (one parity drive) or "raidz2" (two
parity drives).

It may also be that people are just interchanging the term "raidz" and
"raidz1" as well.  I guess most documentation I've seen officially address
them as "raidz" or "raidz2", there is no "raidz1".

--Tim