> I've seen reports of a recent Seagate firmware update
> bricking drives again.
>
> What's the output of 'zpool import' from the LiveCD?
>  It sounds like
> ore than 1 drive is dropping off.

r...@opensolaris:~# zpool import
  pool: tank
    id: 16342816386332636568
 state: FAULTED
status: The pool was last accessed by another system.
action: The pool cannot be imported due to damaged devices or data.
        The pool may be active on another system, but can be imported using
        the '-f' flag.
   see: http://www.sun.com/msg/ZFS-8000-EY
config:

        tank        FAULTED  corrupted data
          raidz1    DEGRADED
            c6t0d0  ONLINE
            c6t1d0  ONLINE
            c6t2d0  ONLINE
            c6t3d0  UNAVAIL  cannot open
            c6t4d0  ONLINE

  pool: rpool
    id: 9891756864015178061
 state: ONLINE
status: The pool was last accessed by another system.
action: The pool can be imported using its name or numeric identifier and
        the '-f' flag.
   see: http://www.sun.com/msg/ZFS-8000-EY
config:

        rpool       ONLINE