Orvar,

In an existing RAIDZ configuration, you would add the cache device like
this:

# zpool add pool-name cache device-name

Currently, cache devices are only supported in the OpenSolaris and SXCE
releases.

The important thing is determining whether the cache device would
improve your workload's performance, following Richard's advice.

Can you try and buy an SSD? :-)

Cindy