On Fri, 13 Feb 2009, Tim wrote:

I don't think it hurts in the least to throw out some ideas. If they aren't valid, it's not hard to ignore them and move on. It surely isn't a waste of anyone's time to spend 5 minutes reading a response and weighing if the idea is valid or not.

Today I sat down at 9:00 AM to read the new mail for the day and did not catch up until five hours later. Quite a lot of the reading was this (now) useless discussion thread. It is now useless since after five hours of reading, there were no ideas expressed that had not been expressed before.

With this level of overhead, I am surprise that there is any remaining development motion on ZFS at all.

Bob