Hi Bob,

On Fri, 13 Feb 2009 19:58:51 -0600 (CST)
Bob Friesenhahn <bfrie...@simple.dallas.tx.us> wrote:

> On Fri, 13 Feb 2009, Tim wrote:
>
> > I don't think it hurts in the least to throw out some ideas.  If
> > they aren't valid, it's not hard to ignore them and move on.  It
> > surely isn't a waste of anyone's time to spend 5 minutes reading a
> > response and weighing if the idea is valid or not.
>
> Today I sat down at 9:00 AM to read the new mail for the day and did
> not catch up until five hours later.  Quite a lot of the reading was
> this (now) useless discussion thread.  It is now useless since after
> five hours of reading, there were no ideas expressed that had not
> been expressed before.

I've found this thread to be like watching a car accident, and
also really frustrating due to the inability to use search engines
on the part of many posters.

> With this level of overhead, I am surprise that there is any
> remaining development motion on ZFS at all.

Good thing the ZFS developers have mail filters :-)

cheers,
James
--
Senior Kernel Software Engineer, Solaris
Sun Microsystems