Blake <blake.ir...@gmail.com> writes:

> Harry,
>    The LiveCD for OpenSolaris has a driver detection tool on it - this
> will let you see if your hardware is supported without touching the
> installed XP system.

That won't help much with the one piece of hardware I posted about in
OP:

>                       ... and I'm short on SATA connections.  I only
> have two onboard, but plan to install a pci style sata controller to
> squeeze in some more discs.

I want to know if there is a pci sata controller known to work with
opensol-11.  I'm not involved in a big commercial operation so those
$500 to $1000+ jobs with dozens of ports are not what I want.

I'm hoping for something around $50 or so with 4 ports... even 2 would
probably be enough.

Also, that tool detection tool you mention has nothing to say about
the existing motherboard (Aopen AK86-L [not mentioned on HCL]). Which
is Another item I was worried about not working with opensol if
installed direct to hardware.