How about this configuration?

On the Nexsan SATABeast, add all disk to one RAID 5 or 6 group. Then on the Nexsan define several smaller volumes and then add those volumes to a raidz2/raidz zpool?

Could that be an useful configuration? Maybe I'll loose too much space with "double" raid 5 or 6 configuration? What about performance?

Regards,

Lars-Gunnar Persson