howard chen wrote:
Hi,

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 1:19 AM, Darren J Moffat
<darr...@opensolaris.org> wrote:

That is all that has to be done on the OpenSolaris side to make a 10g lun
available over iSCSI.  The rest of it is all how Linux sets up its iSCSI
client side which I don't know but I know on Solaris it is very easy using
iscsiadm(1M).

Thanks for your detail steps.

Bbut I think using this setup, only one client can mount the share
blocks at a time? So there must be a need of clustered file system.
(e.g. gfs)

iSCSI doesn't enforce that but the filesystem you run on top of the LUNs might. All the Linux side sees is a block device - that is the whole point of using iSCSI. If you don't want a block device then iSCSI (and FCoE) are the wrong protocols to be using.

Just out of curious, what is the clustered file system used in Sun
Unified Storage 7000 series for data sharing ammong clients?

The S7000 doesn't use a cluster filesystem it exports ZFS datasets using one or more of iSCSI, NFS, CIFS, WebDAV, FTP, ie network filesystems or filetransfer protocols or a block protocol.

When there is an S7000 cluster configuration the cluster is Active/Active with each head controlling one data pool and the services for it. When a cluster head fails the other head takes over the pool and the network addresses and starts to provide the services from a single head.

This doesn't require a cluster filesystem

--
Darren J Moffat