I currently have a 7x1.5tb raidz1.

I want to add "phase 2" which is another 7x1.5tb raidz1

Can I add the second phase to the first phase and basically have two
raid5's striped (in raid terms?)

Yes, I probably should upgrade the zpool format too. Currently running
snv_104. Also should upgrade to 110.

If that is possible, would anyone happen to have the simple command
lines to do it quick? I assume I'd be creating another raidz1 and then
somehow growing the "tank" zpool?

Does this make sense, or is this stupid from a performance
perspective? Should I just have two separate zpools? Ideally I would
like to have one massive data storage target. I'd be fine with somehow
changing this into a raidz2 as well, I suppose, since I had planned on
it being another raidz1 anyway.

Or, perhaps I could add tank #2 as a raidz2, and then move all the
data off tank #1, and then add disks individually from tank #1 until I
have all 14 disks in a single raidz2? Performance is not an absolute
must - I can deal with a little bit of overhead.

Thanks in advance.

[r...@nas01 ~]# zpool status
  pool: rpool
 state: ONLINE
status: The pool is formatted using an older on-disk format.  The pool can
        still be used, but some features are unavailable.
action: Upgrade the pool using 'zpool upgrade'.  Once this is done, the
        pool will no longer be accessible on older software versions.
 scrub: none requested
config:

        NAME          STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
        rpool         ONLINE       0     0     0
          mirror      ONLINE       0     0     0
            c0t0d0s0  ONLINE       0     0     0
            c0t1d0s0  ONLINE       0     0     0

errors: No known data errors

  pool: tank
 state: ONLINE
status: The pool is formatted using an older on-disk format.  The pool can
        still be used, but some features are unavailable.
action: Upgrade the pool using 'zpool upgrade'.  Once this is done, the
        pool will no longer be accessible on older software versions.
 scrub: none requested
config:

        NAME        STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
        tank        ONLINE       0     0     0
          raidz1    ONLINE       0     0     0
            c2t0d0  ONLINE       0     0     0
            c0t2d0  ONLINE       0     0     0
            c0t3d0  ONLINE       0     0     0
            c0t4d0  ONLINE       0     0     0
            c0t5d0  ONLINE       0     0     0
            c0t6d0  ONLINE       0     0     0
            c0t7d0  ONLINE       0     0     0

errors: No known data errors
[r...@nas01 ~]# zpool list
NAME    SIZE   USED  AVAIL    CAP  HEALTH  ALTROOT
rpool   149G  11.4G   138G     7%  ONLINE  -
tank   9.50T  9.34T   159G    98%  ONLINE  -
[r...@nas01 ~]#