Hi Harry,

I was on vacation so am late to this discussion.

For this part of your question:

The zpool export/import feature is a pool-level operation for moving
the pool, disks, and data to another system.

For moving data from one pool to another pool, you would want to use
zfs send/recv, rsync, or tar, and so on.

Cindy

Harry Putnam wrote:
[...]

Harry wrote:

Now I'm wondering if the export/import sub commands might not be a
good bit faster.

Ian Collins <i...@ianshome.com> answered:
I think you are thinking of zfs send/receive.

I've never done a direct comparison, but zfs send/receive would be my
preferred way to move data between pools.

Why is that?  I'm too new to know what all it encompasses (and a bit
dense to boot)