Hi François,

You should take care of the recordsize in your filesystems. This should be tuned according to the size of the most accessed files. Maybe disabling the "atime" is also good idea (but it's probably something you already know ;) ). We've also noticed some cases where enabling compression gave better I/O results (but don't use gzip), but this should be done only if your machine is exclusively running the proxy server.

About the topology of your pool, in a performance matter, prefer some striped mirrors if you can afford it, or raidz if not !

HTH,

Jnm.

--

Francois a écrit :
Hello list,

What would be the best zpool configuration for a cache/proxy server (probably based on squid) ?

In other words with which zpool configuration I could expect best reading performance ? (there'll be some writes too but much less).

Thanks.

--
Francois