>>>>> "bmm" == Bogdan M Maryniuk <bogdan.maryn...@gmail.com> writes:
>>>>> "tt" == Toby Thain <t...@telegraphics.com.au> writes:
>>>>> "ok" == Orvar Korvar <no-re...@opensolaris.org> writes:

   bmm> Personally I am running various open solaris versions on a
   bmm> VirtualBox as a crash dummy, as well as running osol on a real
   bmm> systems. All ZFS.

It sounds like what you're doing to ``reproduce'' the problem is:  to
use solaris.  This is about what I imagined, and isn't what I had in
mind as adequate.

   bmm> Please give here a clear steps that fails for you,

steps given on this list were:

1. use iSCSI or FCP as a vdev.

2. reboot the target but do not reboot the ZFS initiator.

   bmm> provide some dtrace output etc.

haha, ``hello, slashpot?  This is slashkettle.''

It's just funny that after watching others on this list (sometimes
with success!) debug their corrupt filesystems, the tool you latched
onto was dtrace, and not mdb or zdb which do not appear in Sun
marketing nearly so often.

   bmm> Unless there is real step-by-step reproducible proof,

corruption problems with other filesystems generally do not work this
way, though we can try to get closer to it.  What's more common is to
pass around an image of the corrupt filesystem.

Surely you can understand there is such thing as a ``hard to reproduce
problem?''  Is the phrase so new to you?  If you'd experience with
other filesystems in their corruption-prone infancy, it wouldn't be.

    ok> Ok, so you mean the comments are mostly FUD and bull shit?
    ok> Because there are no bug reports from the whiners?

Access to the bug database is controlled.  Access to the mailing list
is not.  The posters did point to reports on the mailing list.

    tt> Slashdot was never the place to go for accurate information
    tt> about ZFS.

again, the posts in the slashdot thread complaining about corruption
were just pointers to original posts on this list, so attacking the
forum where you saw the pointer instead of the content of its
destination really is clearly _ad hominem_.