On Sun, 21 Jun 2009 19:01:31 -0700
Carson Gaspar <car...@taltos.org> wrote:

> I'll chime in as a happy owner of the LSI SAS 3081E-R PCI-E board. It
> works just fine. You need to get "lsiutil" from the LSI web site to
> fully access all the functionality, and they cleverly hide the download
> link only under their FC HBAs on their support site, even though it
> works for everything.

As a member of the team which works on mpt(7d), I'm disappointed that\
you believe you need to use lsiutil to "fully access all the functionality"
of the board.

What gaps have you found in mpt(7d) and the standard OpenSolaris
tools that lsiutil fixes for you?

What is the "full functionality" that you believe is missing?

> As for identifying disks, you can just use lsiutil:

... or use cfgadm(1m) which has had this ability for many years.

> root:gandalf 0 # lsiutil -p 1 42
>
> LSI Logic MPT Configuration Utility, Version 1.62, January 14, 2009
>
> 1 MPT Port found
>
>       Port Name         Chip Vendor/Type/Rev    MPT Rev  Firmware Rev  IOC
>   1.  mpt0              LSI Logic SAS1068E B3     105      011a0000     0
>
> mpt0 is /dev/cfg/c6
>
>   B___T___L  Type       Operating System Device Name
>   0   0   0  Disk       /dev/rdsk/c6t0d0s2
>   0   1   0  Disk       /dev/rdsk/c6t1d0s2
>   0   2   0  Disk       /dev/rdsk/c6t2d0s2
>   0   3   0  Disk       /dev/rdsk/c6t3d0s2
>   0   4   0  Disk       /dev/rdsk/c6t4d0s2
>   0   5   0  Disk       /dev/rdsk/c6t5d0s2
>   0   6   0  Disk       /dev/rdsk/c6t6d0s2
>   0   7   0  Disk       /dev/rdsk/c6t7d0s2

You can get that information from use of cfgadm(1m).

James C. McPherson
--
Senior Kernel Software Engineer, Solaris
Sun Microsystems