On Mon, Jun 22 at 12:05, Andre van Eyssen wrote:
I'll add another vote for the LSI products. I have a four port PCI-X card in my V880, and the performance is good and the product is well behaved. The only caveats:

1. Make sure you upgrade the firmware ASAP
2. You may need to use lsiutil to fiddle the target mappings

We bought a Dell T610 as a fileserver, and it comes with an LSI 1068E
based board (PERC6/i SAS).  Worked out of the box, no special drivers
or anything to install, everything autodetected just fine.

Hotplug works great too, I've yanked drives (Came with WD RE3 SASA
devices) while the box was under load without issues, took ~5 seconds
to timeout the device and give me full interactivity at the console.
They then show right back up when hot plugged back in, and I can
resilver without problems.

--eric

--
Eric D. Mudama