On Tue, 30 Jun 2009, Ross wrote:

However, it completely breaks any process like this that can't afford 3-5s delays in processing, it makes ZFS a nightmare for things like audio or video editing (where it would otherwise be a perfect fit), and it's also horrible from the perspective of the end user.

Yes. I updated the image at http://www.simplesystems.org/users/bfriesen/zfs-discuss/perfmeter-stalls.png so that it shows the execution impact with more processes running. This is taken with three processes running in parallel so that there can be no doubt that I/O is being globally blocked and it is not just misbehavior of a single process.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn