On Tue, 14 Jul 2009, Jorgen Lundman wrote:

I have no idea. I downloaded the script from Bob without modifications and ran it specifying only the name of our pool. Should I have changed something to run the test?

If your system has quite a lot of memory, the number of files should be increased to at least match the amount of memory.

We have two kinds of x4500/x4540, those with Sol 10 10/08, and 2 running svn117 for ZFS quotas. Worth trying on both?

It is useful to test as much as possible in order to fully understand the situation.

Since results often get posted without system details, the script is updated to dump some system info and the pool configuration. Refresh from

http://www.simplesystems.org/users/bfriesen/zfs-discuss/zfs-cache-test.ksh

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn