On Wed, 15 Jul 2009, Jorgen Lundman wrote:

Doing initial (unmount/mount) 'cpio -C 131072 -o > /dev/null'
48000256 blocks

real    3m1.58s
user    0m1.92s
sys     0m56.67s

Doing initial (unmount/mount) 'cpio -C 131072 -o > /dev/null'
48000256 blocks

real    3m5.51s
user    0m1.70s
sys     0m29.53s

You have some mighty pools there. Something I find quite interesting is that those who have "mighty pools" generally obtain about the same data rate regardless of their relative degree of excessive "might". This causes me to believe that the Solaris kernel is throttling the read rate so that throwing more and faster hardware at the problem does not help.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn