Thanks for this, good news!

Yes, I would try to use onboard video.

> Please note that frequency scaling is only supported
> on the K10 architecture. But don't expect to much
> power saving from it. A lower voltage yields far
> greater savings than a lower frequency.

Doesn't Cool'n'quiet step the voltage as well?
An Athlon X2 5050e and an Athlon II X2 250 are the same price.
The former has a TDP of 45W, while the latter is 65W.
But the 250 uses 45nm technology and the K10 architecture, so I would hope that
its power consumption at idle would be lower. Would you agree?

Also, out of interest, do you know what the ECC BIOS modes mean?