Jorgen Lundman wrote:
However, "zpool detach" appears to mark the disk as blank, so nothing will find any pools (import, import -D etc). zdb -l will show labels,

For kicks, I tried to demonstrate this does indeed happen, so I dd'ed the first 1024 1k blocks from the disk, zpool detach it, then dd'ed the image back out to the HDD.

Pulled out disk and it boots directly without any interventions. If only zpool detach had a flag to tell it not to scribble over the detached disk.

Guess I could diff the before and after disk image and work out what it is that it does, and write a tool to undo it, or figure out if I can undo it using "zdb".

Lund

--
Jorgen Lundman       | <lund...@lundman.net>
Unix Administrator   | +81 (0)3 -5456-2687 ext 1017 (work)