Hi,

Something like http://bugs.opensolaris.org/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6855425 ?

Bruno

Matthias Appel wrote:
You will see more IOPS/bandwith, but if your existing disks are very
full, then more traffic may be sent to the new disks, which results in
less benefit.

OK, that means, over time, data will be distributed across all mirrors?
(assuming all blocks will be written once)

I think a useful extension to ZFS would be a background task which
distributes all used blocks across all vdefs.

I don't know if this can be established with ZFS but it will end up with
reading one block of the pool after another assuming that by writing it, it
will be spread across the mirrors.

believed to be clean.