Hi Dick,

Based on this message:
cannot attach c5d0s0 to c4d0s0: device is too small

c5d0s0 is the disk you are trying to attach so it must be smaller than
c4d0s0.

Is it possible that c5d0s0 is just partitioned so that the s0 is smaller than s0 on c4d0s0?

On some disks, the default partitioning is not optimal and you have to
modify it so that the bulk of the disk space is in slice 0.

I would confirm this first as its the easiest solution by far.

Another thought is that a recent improvement was that you can attach a
disk that is an equivalent size, but not exactly the same geometry.
Which OpenSolaris release is this?

Thanks,

Cindy