I think the SATA(2)-->SATA(1) connection will negotiate correctly,
but maybe some hardware expert will confirm.

cs

On 01/28/10 15:27, dick hoogendijk wrote:
On Thu, 2010-01-28 at 08:44 -0700, Cindy Swearingen wrote:
Or, if possible, connect another larger disk and attach it to the original root disk or even replace the smaller root pool disk with the larger disk.

I go for that one. But since it's a smoewhat older system I only have
IDE and SATA(150) connections. IDE disks are rare these days.

Question: do SATA2 disks work on SATA(1) connections?