I've a couple of older systems that are front-ending a large backup array.

I'd like to put in a large L2ARC cache device for them to use with dedup. Right now, they only have Ultra320 SCA 3.5" hot-swap drive bays, and PCI-X slots.

I haven't found any SSDs (or adapters) which might work with the Ultra320 bays, so I'm hunting for something to stick in the PCI-X (NOT PCI-Express) slot.

Ideally, I'd love to find something that lets me hook a standard 2.5" SSD to, but I have space limitations. About the best I've found right now is a 32-bit PCI card which has Compact Flash slots on it. /Really/ not what I want.

So, I've seen a bunch of PCI-E cards which have flash on them and act as a SSD, but is there any hope for a old PCI-X slot? Anyone seen such a beast?

--
Erik Trimble
Java System Support