On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 02:50:06PM -0500, Tony MacDoodle wrote:
> I have a 2-disk/2-way mirror and was wondering if I can remove 1/2 the
> mirror and plunk it in another system?

Yes.  If you have a recent opensolaris, there is "zpool split"
specifically to help this use case.

Otherwise, you can unplug the drive (use zpool offline, or shut down
the host), connect it to the other host, and zpool import it there.
Then zpool detach the missing half from each host at the end (not
before).  These resulting pools have to stay separate from here on,
they still have the same id and can't be used on the same host at the
same time again.

If you want to keep redundancy on the original host, try attaching a
third submirror and letting it resilver first.

It's worth asking: why do you want to do it this way, rather than
using a send|recv to copy?  That's usually (though not always) the
best way.

--
Dan.