I don't know if this will help or not, or if it has anything to do with your
situation, but a guy who was having a problem on the list awhile back had
identical drives showing up as different sizes, it turned out to be that
they were both sata drives but some were on sata controllers, and the others
were on sata controllers on the motherboard but stuck in IDE mode.

This MAY be the issue.