On 02/26/10 10:45, Paul B. Henson wrote:
I've already posited as to an approach that I think would make a pure-ACL
deployment possible:

http://mail.opensolaris.org/pipermail/zfs-discuss/2010-February/037206.html

Via this concept or something else, there needs to be a way to configure
ZFS to prevent the attempted manipulation of legacy permission mode bits
from breaking the security policy of the ACL.

I believe this proposal is sound.

In it, you wrote:

The feedback was that the internal Sun POSIX compliance police
wouldn't like that ;).

There are already per-filesystem tunables for ZFS which allow the
system to escape the confines of POSIX (noatime, for one); I don't see
why a "chmod doesn't truncate acls" option couldn't join it so long as
it was off by default and left off while conformance tests were run.

                                                - Bill