Hi Cindy,

thanks for your advice. I guess this would be the better way to mirror one
drive on a physical extra drive but Richards suggetion was fitting my
current conditions better.

Because I didn't want to buy an extra disk or copy all data back and forth.
I just happened to have an extra 1TB drive around and wondered how I could
use this to create some sort of protection for my small but trusted file
server.

I belive this is a good solution by now.

Of course I will fix this as soon as I have an extra 500GB or bigger drive
available. Till then my current setup has to work ;)

Thanks a lot,
  Thomas