Hello All,

I build a new Storage Server to backup my data, keep archives of client files,
etc I recently had a near loss of important items.

So I built a 16 SATA bay enclosure (16 hot swappable + 3 internal) enclosure, 2
x 3Ware 8 port RAID cards, 8gb RAM, dual AMD Opertron.

I have a 1tb boot drive and I put in 8 x 1.5tb Seagate 7200 drives. In the
future I want to fill the other 8 SATA bays with 2tb drives.

I dont have a lot of experience with ZFS, but it was my first thought for
handing my data. In the past I have used a Linux software RAID.

OpenSolaris or FreeBSD with ZFS?

I would probably have questions, is this a place to ask?

Can anyone provide advice, thoughts, etc?

Best,
-Jason