This assumes that you have the storage to replicate or at least restore all
data to a DR site. While this is another way to do it, it is not really cost
effective in our situation.

What I am thinking is basically having 2 servers. One has the zpool attached
and sharing out our data. The other is a cold spare. The zpool is stored on 3
JBOD chassis attached with Fibrechannel. I would like to export the config at
specific intervals and have it ready to import on the cold spare if the hot
spare ever dies. The eventual goal would be to configure an active/passive
cluster for the zpool.