Hi Bruno,

I agree that the raidz2 example on this page is weak and I will provide
a better one.

ZFS is very flexible and can be configured many different ways.

If someone new to ZFS wants to take 3 old (but reliable) disks and make
a raidz2 configuration for testing, we would not consider this is a
nonsensical idea. You can then apply what you learn about ZFS space
allocation and redundancy to a new configuration.

If I had only 3 disks, I would create a mirrored configuration of two
disks and keep one as a spare.

Thanks,

Cindy