This is how rumors get started.

>From reading that thread, the OP didn't seem to know much of anything
about...
anything.  Even less so about Solaris and OpenSolaris.  I'd advise not to
get your
news from mailing lists, especially not mailing lists for people who don't
use the
product you're interested in.

Nothing like this has been said anywhere by anyone that even resembles or
approximates an Oracle representative.  So, yeah, ignore it, as the guy was
just asking dumb questions in a very poor manner about things he has
absolutely
no knowledge of, and adding assumptions on top of that, in his best but not
very
good English.  At least, that's my impression and opinion.

Finally, Michael S. made the best recommendation...talk to your sales rep if
you're
a paying customer.

Cheers!

On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 01:18, Ken Gunderson <kgund...@teamcool.net> wrote:

> Greetings All:
>
> Granted there has been much fear, uncertainty, and doubt following
> Oracle's take over of Sun, but I ran across this on a FreeBSD mailing
> list post dated 4/20/2010"
>
> "...Seems that Oracle won't offer support for ZFS on opensolaris...."
>
> Link here to full post here:
>
> <
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2010-April/215269.html
> >

> It seems like such would be pretty outrageous and the OP either confused
> or spreading FUD, but then on the other hand there's lot of rumors
> flying around about hidden agendas behind the 2010.03 delay, and Oracle
> being Oracle such could be within the realm of possibilities.
>
> Given Oracle's information policies we're not likely to know if such is
> indeed the case until it's a fait accompli but I nonetheless thought
> this would be the best place to inquire (or perhaps Indiana list, as I
> assume OP is referencing upcoming opensolaris.com release).
>
> Thank you and have a nice day.
>
> --
> Ken Gunderson <kgund...@teamcool.net>

"You can choose your friends, you can choose the deals." - Equity Private

"If Linux is faster, it's a Solaris bug." - Phil Harman

Blog - http://whatderass.blogspot.com/
Twitter - @khyron4eva