It sounds like you are looking for AVS.

Consider a replication scenario where A is primary and B, secondary and A fails. Say you get A up again on Monday AM, but you are unable to summarily shut down B to bring A back online until Friday evening. During that whole time, you will not have a current mirror because AVS copies only in one direction from A to B.

If you can, then things are much easier and less complex.  I'd
personally use ZFS Snapshots to keep the two servers in sync every 60
seconds.

I've never tested this myself, but if you are depending on the server to perform NFS, it has been said here, http://opensolaris.org/jive/thread.jspa?messageID=174846&#174846, that this will fail because the secondary's filesystem will have a different FSID, which the NFS client won't recognize.
--

Maurice Volaski, maurice.vola...@einstein.yu.edu