On 22/06/10 01:05 AM, Fredrich Maney wrote:
On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 8:59 AM, James C. McPherson
<j...@opensolaris.org>  wrote:
[...]
So when I'm
trying to figure out who I need to yell at because they're
using more than our acceptable limit (30Gb), I have to run
"du -s /builds/[zyx]". And that takes time. Lots of time.
[...]

Why not just use quotas?

Quotas are not always appropriate.

Also, given our usage model, and wanting to provide
a service that gatelings can use to work on multiple
changesets concurrently, we figure that telling people

your limit is XGb, and we will publicly shame you if
you exceed it, then go and remove old stuff for you

is sufficiently hands-off. We're adults here, not children
or kiddies with no regard for our fellow engineers.

James C. McPherson
--
Senior Software Engineer, Solaris
Oracle