I'm looking to use ZFS to export ISCSI volumes to a Windows/Linux client.
Essentially, I'm looking to create two storage ZFS machines that I will export
ISCSI targets from.  Then from the client side, I will enable mirrorings.  The
two ZFS machines will be independent of each other.  I had question about
snapshoting of ISCSI zvols.

If I do a snapshot of ISCSI volume, it snapshots the blocks.  I know the
sending the blocks will allow from some from of replication.  However, if I
send the snapshot to a file, will I be able to recover the ISCSI volume from
the file(s)?

e.g.

zfs send tank/t...@1 | gzip -c > zfs.tank.test.gz

Can I recover this ISCSI volume from zfs.tank.test.gz by sending it directly to
another ZFS machine?  Will I then be able to mount the ZFS volume created from
this file and have my filesystem be the way it was?  If I assemble the blocks
like they were before, I assume it assembles everything the way it was before,
including the filesytem and such.

Or am I incorrect about this?

Gary