On Sat, Jul 17, 2010 at 12:57:40AM +0200, Richard Elling wrote:

> > Because of BTRFS for Linux, Linux's popularity itself and also thanks
> > to the Oracle's help.
>
> BTRFS does not matter until it is a primary file system for a dominant
> distribution.
> From what I can tell, the dominant Linux distribution file system is ext.
> That will
> change some day, but we heard the same story you are replaying about BTRFS
> from the Reiser file system aficionados and the XFS evangelists. There is
> absolutely no doubt that Solaris will use ZFS as its primary file system. But
> there is
> no internal or external force causing Red Hat to change their primary file
> system
> from ext.

Redhat Fedora 13 includes BTRFS, but it's not used as a default (yet).
F13 also supports yum (package management) rollback using BTRFS snapshots.
I'm not sure if Fedora 14 will have BTRFS as a default..

RHEL6 beta also includes BTRFS support (tech preview), but again,
not enabled as a default filesystem.

Upcoming Ubuntu 10.10 will use BTRFS as a default.

That's the status in Linux world, afaik :)

-- Pasi