>I've used mbuffer to transfer hundreds of TB without a problem in mbuffer
>itself. You will get disconnected if the send or receive prematurely ends,
>though.

mbuffer itself very specifically ends with a broken pipe error. Very quickly
with s set to 128 or after sometime with s set over 1024.

My only thought at this point is it maybe something with either the myri10ge
driver or the fact the machines are directly connected with out the use of an
intervening switch.

Perhaps someone over in networking my have a thought in that direction.

Richard J.